Faith No More in Prague videos
Phew. Just back from Prague. What a trip and what a gig. Normal blog service will be resumed tomorrow but for now here are a few of my own (well Ms Faith No More 2.0′s to be exact) videos from the gig last night at the Tesla Arena.
And a few observations
- The band are looking tighter at any point during the tour so far. Really at their best now.
- It is great to see the band mixing up the set list now with Digging the Grave, RV and Pristina now in rotation and The Real Thing seemingly out of favour.
- The Czech crowd was excellent and the band seemed to be really impressed.
- Czech fans – and perhaps central and eastern European fans in general – seem to be more appreciative of the later FNM albums than most fans. For the Czech Republic, one reason for the popularity of Album of the Year could be the fact that the album cover depicts a scene from the funeral of Tomas Masaryk, the first president of Czechoslovakia.
- Bill Gould is a gentleman and a scholar.
- Mike P did not really piss off the fans with this dig at the Czech football team. I’m not sure it was even understood.
- The Tesla Arena was very, very packed with around 12,000 in attendance. While the consequently very long queues for beer and toilets were annoying, the ambivalence of the stewards to the fans packed into walkways and steps was dangerous in my humble opinion.
And now for the videos (this is my first time every uploading videos to YouTube so be understanding).